Friday, February 19, 2010



Fun Facts: Edward Gorey

- born in chicago
-studied at the school of visual arts in chicago
-From 1953 to 1960, he lived in New York City and worked for the Art Department of Doubleday Anchor, illustrating book covers
- Gorey became particularly well-known through his animated introduction to the PBS series Mystery! in 1980
-Because of the settings and style of Gorey's work, many people have assumed he was British; in fact, he never visited Britain, and he almost never traveled
-he is asexual in an interview he stated: "I'm neither one thing nor the other particularly. I am fortunate in that I am apparently reasonably undersexed or something...I've never said that I was gay and I've never said that I wasn't...what I'm trying to say is that I am a person before I am anything else.... ”
- His Cape Cod house is called Elephant House and is now the Edward Gorey House Museum ( I want to go!)

No comments: